Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology, Delhi(MAIT)
MAHARAJA AGRASEN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
PSP Area, Plot No. 1, Sector-22, Rohini,
Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology (MAIT) is a private Engineering College, located in New Delhi, India. One of the reputed engineering colleges of India, MAIT has 10 departments (Five-Engineering, Four-Research and Three-Auxiliary). It is affiliated to the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi. It is among the top 5 engineering colleges in New Delhi.
The MAIT campus is located in Rohini Sector-22, North Delhi, spread over an area of 40.5 acres (164,000 m2). The campus has 12 blocks namely:
- Block 1: For Computer Science Engineering(CSE) Department
- Block 2: For Mechanical and Automation Engineering(MAE) Department
- Block 3: Previously used for 1st year B.Tech. students (common)
- Block 4: For Electronics and Communication Engineering(ECE) Department
- Block 5: For BBA and MBA (MAIMS) Department
- Block 6: For Electronics and Electrical Engineering(EEE) Department
- Block 7: For BJMC Department
- Block 8: For Information Technology(IT) Department
- Block 9: For 1st year B.Tech. students (common)
- Administrative Block
MAIT campus has a multi-storey boy's hostel, a multi-storey library, an amphitheatre, a main auditorium, a mini auditorium, a separate building for badminton courts, a ground, two canteens and two photocopy shops. There is a branch of Union Bank of Indiaand an ATM branch of Oriental Bank of Commerce and Bank Of Baroda.
- The college has active ACM, IEEE, CSI and SAE student wings in the college along with the 'Green Concept', a green initiative by the students of the college.
- An Entrepreneurial Development Cell (EDC) has been set up to help the potential graduates with the future options.
- The music, theatrical and dance societies – Aura,Lords, Aayaam etc. – are rated amongst the best in the region.
- Genesis, is the annual Management & Cultural festival, organized by MBA Department.
- Sportz, is the annual sports fest, exclusively held by and for the students of the college across 10 different sports over a period of two days.
- Techsurge, is the annual inter college technical fest featuring over 70 technical events.
- Mridang, the annual inter college cultural fest of MAIT is witnessed during the even semester of every academic year organized by the BTech department, that attracts attendances running into several thousands. The fest has events like music, dance, street plays, fashion parade, pop-show, a Kavi Sammelan, that saw humorist-satirist Dr. Kumar Vishwas (in 2012), comedian Nitin Gupta (Rivaldo - in 2013), poets from Sab TV's show, "Wah! Wah! Kya Baat Hai!" (in 2014). Also Armaggedon (Battle of Bands), Desi Beats (Group Dance) and a Star Night that has featured the likes of Mika, Bombay Rockers and Jal main eventing in recent years.