Sir M.Visveswaraya Institute of Technology
Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology,
Hunasamaranahalli, International Airport Road,
Bangalore-562 157, Karnataka
Visvesvaraya Technological University
Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology (Sir MVIT) is an Institute of repute in the state of Karnataka founded by Sri Krishnadevaraya Educational Trust (Sri KET) in 1986 . The institute offers nine B.E. degree programs in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Computer Science & Engg., Industrial Engineering & Management, Telecommunication, Information Science and Bio Technology and four Masters Programs in Computer Applications, Business Administration, Computer Integrated Manufacturing and Electronics.
The Institute is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University and approved by All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi and is accredited by National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi. Sir MVIT is an ISO 9001:2008 Certified Institution. Department of Mechanical Engineering, Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering and Department of Biotechnology are declared R&D centers by the university.
Sir MVIT is situated on a vast campus of 133 acres on the Bellary road near Air Force station, Yelahanka, close to Bengaluru International Airport (21 km from Bangalore city station). The institute has 2800 students & over 260 well-experienced faculty members, fully equipped labs (including project labs), seminar halls (For each department adequately equipped with multimedia facilities).
With well qualified and motivated faculty, state-of-art laboratory facilities, well-equipped library and high speed Internet browsing center with connectivity and almost 100% placement, it is no wonder that the institute has been ranked No. 1 among the engineering colleges in the State by the reputed magazine `Dataquest’. All our departments spread over on 53.8 hectares of greenery and serenity, are well connected by optical fiber backbone network. The Institute has, on its campus, Men’s & Women’s hostels, 100 bed general hospital, Ladies amenities center, staff quarters, Guest house, Cafeteria, outdoor sports facility spread over 12.1 hectares and an indoor games complex. The Institute power requirements are met by a dedicated HT power connection from BESCOM and Captive Power generating units. The institute is connected to all the parts of the city by its own fleet of buses. All the students admitted to the institute are covered by insurance for life and medical care.
The college has a full-fledged training & placement cell headed by an officer with vast experience in HR / HRD matters.Top companies like WIPRO, ADITI TECHNOLOGIES, INFOSYS, COGNIZANT, HP, De-Shaw, TCS, CROMPTON GREAVES, TATA ELXSI, ACCENTURE, ROBERT BOSCH, ITC INFOTECH, HCL Technologies, L&T INFOTECH , CARITOR INDIA, BIRLASOFT, SASKEN, LG SOFT, SONATA SOFT, ACCORD SOFTWARE. HUGHES, CATER PILLAR, SATYAM, MINDTREE, IGATE, IFLEX etc have been conducting campus recruitment in the institute students on continuous basis. Every year around 35 to 40 top companies (including non-IT companies) visit the institute and 90 to 100% students are placed.
This institute is identified by All India Council for Technical Education as a c- Nance training center. Apart from the curricular activities, there are adequate facilities for sports / games, cultural activities.
The vision of Sir MVIT is to become an autonomous Institute and later to be a Deemed University of repute through concerted efforts of our management, faculty and students.
Unique features of Sir MVIT
- Departmental Forums – Each department has a forum to update the knowledge of students and staff in their fields of studies. Three hours every week are exclusively earmarked for this purpose.
- Seminar hall with modern facilities in each department.
- Objective type testing for knowledge upgradation.
- Project Laboratory and Wireless LAN for students to carry out projects as part of their curriculum.
- Hobby centre for creative work in science and engineering.
- Central Instrument Service facility.
- Susamskriti, a cultural forum.
- Kalanjali, an Inter-collegiate cultural extravaganza.
- Technotsav, an inter-collegiate technical festival and a symposium on recent advances in technology to coincide with National Technology Day on 11th of May each year.
- Outdoor Sports Complex, spread over 30 acres, comprising of stadia for Cricket, Soccer, Hockey, Tennis and Volley Ball courts and an Athletic track.
- Indoor Games Complex, having facilities for Shuttle Badminton, Table Tennis and other indoor games, a well-equipped Gymnasium.
- N. Narayana Raju Memorial Inter-Collegiate Cricket Tournament.
- Uninterrupted power supply.
- Local Guardian Scheme to give personal attention to each student by the staff.
- Rain Water harvesting to meet water needs in the campus.
- Subscription of E-Journals published by INDEST-AICTE consortium.