Sri Dharmasthala Manjunatheswara College of Engineering
Sri Dharmasthala Manjunatheswara
College of Engineering
Dhavalagiri, , DHARWAD - 580002
0836 - 2448327
Visvesvaraya Technological University
Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara College of Engineering & Technology, Dharwad was established in the year 1979 under the flagship of SDME Society and has grown into one of the nationally acclaimed premier engineering institutions of the country. President of SDME Society Padmabhushana Dr. Veerendra Heggade, Dharmadhikari of Sri Kshetra Dharmasthala is the guiding spirit and driving Force for all progress and achievement of all the institutions established under SDME Society. SDME Society runs more than 30 institutions imparting quality education in all over the state including Medical and Dental colleges.
Under the expert leadership and guidance of the management, Principal and competent faculty, SDM College of Engineering and Technology is making successful strides towards new horizons and aims to scale greater heights. Institution has been consistently rated high, ranking within 50, amongst private engineering colleges of the country.
Due to its commendable achievements over a period of time, this college has been accredited twice by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA). It has also been conferred with autonomous status by Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum & University Grants Commission, New Delhi.
It is also one of the very few private engineering colleges in the country, selected for Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP) By World Bank. SDMCET has got another feather in its cap by achieving TEQIP-phase II [1.2] with rigorous exercise and stringent eligibility criteria of Ministry of Human Resource Development, with a grant of Rs.400.00 Lakhs. TEQIP-II is envisaged for scaling up post graduate education and demand driven research development and innovation. Grants to the tune of Rs.32.70 lacs have also been received from AICTE, VTU,VGST, KSCST. SDMCET has been consistent in getting recognition and ranking in the national scene. Viz
- A+ Certificate by Business & Management Magazine
- 5th Place in Karnataka and 26th place in top participating private engineering colleges in India, as per the survey of Competition Success Magazine
- Education World Magazine ranked us as the 73rd best college in India (non-IIT)
- Outlook Magazine ranked us as 64th among top 100 engineering colleges of India and 9th in Karnataka
- Digital Learning has given AA+ in South India and
- BITES placed the college in 19th place amongst engineering colleges for IT branches in Karnataka.
ICI- Ultra Tech Cement Company has given award for our Shri Ganesh Prarthana Mandir for outstanding concrete structure of North Karnataka, under public buildings category.
Management has been successful in getting Malaprabha water supply to SDMCET campus at a budget of Rs. 60+ Lakhs.
SDMCET has sponsored students for participation in World’s Largest Robot Competition held at San Mateo, California USA, where 33 countries participated.
The institution is offering 7 UG and 7 M.Tech programs plus an MBA program. All the UG courses are enjoying autonomy.
Consequent upon MoU with Bosch Regional Centre of Competency for Automation Technologies, Centre of Excellence for Research & Training in Automation Technology has been established at a cost of Rs. 6 Crores. College also has MoU with- IBM, Accenture, UAS, BITES, Deshpande Foundation, KUD.
Placement activities are in full swing and leading companies approach college for recruitment every year and nearly 90% of the eligible students get placed annually. All efforts are on in approaching many other reputed companies with a positive response.
Our students have brought laurels in co-curricular and extracurricular activities. Mr. Anand G. Naik, student of E&CE, has received Best Student Entrepreneur Award from Mr. Ratan Tata, during TIECON, Hubli .
Collaborative / joint research work initiated among the sister institutions. Several workshops and have been organized by the college. Viz.
- Workshop on Akash Android Application for students conducted by IIT Bombay
- Workshop on Research Methods in Educational Technology(RMET) conducted by IIT Bombay
- IUCEE Webinar series on Industry Expectation from Young Professional part I & II.
- National Conference on Women in Science & Engineering.
- State Level one day Workshop on TEL – an Approach for Leveraging Engineering Education and
- Many state level and national level workshops/conferences in the subject domains of all the departments.
The college also caters to all outdoor and indoor sports enthusiasts and provides excellent facilities for the same. Every year, our students excel in several state level sports competitions and many are chosen to represent the university and the state. The college has been consistently judged as one of the best colleges in sports by VTU.
There are many facets highlighting various activities at SDMCET. These can be found from the respective web pages.